Sunday, December 14, 2014

You can Stand Under my Umbrella

Whew... I'm finally winding down from the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop, which was AMAZING. But in fairness to the rest of my stamp sets, which have been looking longingly at me all week, I feel I must move on.

I would like to say THANK YOU to all the amazing crafty people who commented during the hop and to everyone who followed me (14 of you!). I am blown away and have done several happy dances. If I haven't made it to your blogs to follow you back yet, I promise I will soon!

If you haven't heard of Muse - it's a really cool blog where your card making peers vote on the submissions every week. Such a cool concept! As a side note, I entered the Design Team call over at Muse and would love if you would pop over there to vote for me.

At the Muse blog, you're given an inspiration card each week and this week's card comes from the always-inspiring Therese Calvird of Lostinpaper. Her sad little monster is completely adorable. 

 

What's the second card, you ask? The submission gallery never ceases to amaze me and I was gazing at the entries this week, I saw this sunshiney gorgeousness created by Ardyth Percy Robb. I probably am cheating a little bit, because my finished card was inspired by BOTH designs and I feel like I have to give credit where credit is due.

You see, I recently purchased Verve stamp's Rain or Shine set and I have been struggling with how to use it. It's so adorable, but I just haven't taken it out of it's shiny package. I'm a new Verve user and this set is my favorite from their collection (hence why I purchased it!) 

After seeing Ardyth's design I got an insta-idea!


I loved the slight sadness in Therese's design and knew I wanted to create that feel, too. So I used this sentiment and tried to incorporate both the sad rainy day and the bright sunshine. I masked off areas and sponged some Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks. Lastly, I used some felted cloud stickers and made them peek through the framed sentiment in areas. 

This is my card for the challenge: 




In addition to Muse, I'm sending this on over to Sentimental Sunday's "Anything Goes" challenge and to Verve's Diva Dare - Favorite Things

Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment and follow my blog and I'll be sure to return the favor!

22 comments:

  1. Cute, cute card! Love the little clouds behind the focal point on this. Good luck on the DT call! You'd be wonderful!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card, I love the pastel colours you've chosen, they compliment the mood of it so well x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Becca, love how you've used the stamp set and the fab colours. Good luck with the DT call. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card, I like the sunburst!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you did with this stamp set, Becca! Very nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous, Becca! Love your sun rays and clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic, Becca! You've been doing a wonderful 'job' creating all of your challenge cards :) Good luck over at Muse...I'll have to go have a look-see ;) :) XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice creations Becca, beautiful colors and designs,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Becca, you can never have too many friendship cards. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three inspirational creation Becca, I especially love how you used the clouds yet still drawn in the feeling of sunshine.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww! That card is going to brighten someone's day immeasurably! I absolutely love the texture of the clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is beautiful Becca and I love the sentiment:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card....inspired by others, but entirely your own:) I can see why you like that stamp set, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun card, love how you were inspired!
    I chuckled about your comment regarding your other stamps...between coffee and Christmas everything else has gotten real dusty over here:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Becca, I love this card. I like the lively colors but the way you did the clouds and rain drops ROCK! You can send me this card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card here Becca!! I love the texture on your clouds and a fun sunny warm card!! Wishing you lots of luck on your DT Call my friend!! :) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my word! This is so fabulous! Love every detail!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely surprise to see my card here as well as Therese's! I'm so sorry I'm so late commenting, but I am really glad you joined us at Muse and that you found so much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the felt clouds :) Thanks for joining us for this month's Diva Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the inspiration cards and yours, too!! Good luck on your dt submission :)

    ReplyDelete